Found this at All Flowers and Charm.
Setting up Mom’s computer to be on the wireless home network. Have to find a way to make the hardware/ software compatible with Windows Vista. The guy at Future Shop said it would be fine. But, seems I returned this same hardware to WalMart cause it didn’t work. Yet it cost double the price at Future Shop. So, even if it does work I may return it and go back to save $50 by shopping WalMart. Kind of sick that they would have such a huge price mark up at Future Shop. But, will make sure it actually does work first. Haven’t even told my Mom about that side of things yet.
Also, woke up this morning still thinking about a guy at the grocery store last night. Funny thing is that I never even looked at him. Just noticed his hand reaching down to put the divider thing on the conveyor belt. Said thanks. Then noticed him turning my cereal box so he could read it (I assume). After he was gone my Mom (we had a shopping day together yesterday) said he was really good looking. I hadn’t even looked. But, I’ve been thinking about that little bit of time over and over. It will make a good story, when I get writing it.
It also made me think about writing something about romance. My sister has been on my mind too. Not the one with kids but the whiskey drinking, soccer playing, single redhead. She doesn’t seem to notice guys that like her. Seems to think it is just a co-incidence that a friend calls her on Valentines Day. Duh! Some people seem to be Romantically Challenged. I thought that would be a good name for the column/ blog/ whatever. But, it couldn’t be a daily. I don’t have that many romantic thoughts rattling around in my brain. Weekly could be do-able. I took over a romantic topic for a very short time on Suite101.com once. Before things went kind of silly there and I gave up on the network.
Off to find software updates…
Thursday Thirteen: 13 Things I Would have Liked for Valentines Day
1. An actual real Valentine man, a My Funny Valentine kind of guy would be just fine.
2. A pretty locket.
3. A weekend at a bed and breakfast with my Funny Valentine.
4. A box (not massive) of Valentine chocolates, really good ones.
5. Cheesecake, really good ice cream and/ or very fresh fruit salad. (It’s not all chocolate!)
6. A Valentine card, something really pink and flowery.
7. Valentine lingerie for more than full figure type. Something long and luxurious rather than skimpy.
8. A gift basket full of good things: chocolates, really nice smelling shampoo and soap, etc.
9. A car. Not that I actually expect to get something so expensive but lets just put it out there, just cause you never know…
10. A day out for fancy coffee, shopping at the bookstore, and a chick flick.
11. An evening of my Funny Valentine cooking dinner, cleaning it up and making a really good coffee for late night conversation.
12. Flowers, tulips would be nice or something fancier. Something with roots that can be planted in the garden this Spring would be great too.
13. Sex. Not average, man in charge sex, something a lot more fun for me.
I am gorging myself on Valentines Day stuff because I can. Some may think it’s an obsession, so what. I’m having fun. It’s about the only time of the year I feel it’s ok to be girlie. Not that I go around wearing makeup and stick thin, skyscraper high heels, I just like the pretty colours and wishy washy sentiment. Romance is not dead it’s just hibernating.
Now, all the women who read HappyandBlue‘s blog should find a decent ecard site and send him a Valentine. Mushy or friendly or humourous, just surprise the guy. Just because.
PS- John Dunford …. I definitely want an eValentine and a lengthy email from you.
‘s has nice Valentine epostcards.
is a site for sharing your own designer email cards. I’m signing up just for fun but so far the sign up thing is screwing up and I can’t register.